It is raspberry season and raspberries nowadays are so sweet! I decided to give my recipe for Blackberry Chewy Cake another go. This time I put raspberries instead.
Once again, the cake turned out delicious! This is one of the simplest and easiest cake recipes ever. It uses relatively small amounts of flour and sugar. The cake is soft and chewy at the same time with slightly crispy edges. It is almost like a chewy and soft cookie. The cake will only slightly rise as it does not use baking powder or baking soda.
As I have said before with my Blackberry Chewy Cake, this cake is pure fabulousity!
RASPBERRY CHEWY CAKE
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 TBSP butter (melted)
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 1/8 tsp vanilla, orange essence or almond essence (optional)
- 1 TBSP confectioner’s sugar (for dusting)
- 1 cup raspberries
- Pre heat the oven to 400ºF.
- Mix sugar and butter in a bowl until the mixture gets fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, almond or orange extract (if using) to the mixture. Mix until combined.
- Fold the flour into the wet mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Grease a 9 x 6 loaf pan.
- Pour the batter into pan.
- Dot the raspberries in the batter by gently pushing them down.
- Bake the cake in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Dust with confectioner’s sugar on top after the cake cools down.
- Serve with ice cream, nutella, caramel or whatever heart your desires!