Week in Pictures
This week was all about sweets, carbs and all the good things in life.
- Ultra-buttery chocolate kouign amann. It was good but it was really the vegan donut that I was lusting after but it was out that day at Subrosa Coffee.
- Finally! Pepple’s chocolate coconut vegan donut at Subrosa Coffee in North Oakland. It was worth the second trip!
- Sweet Korean treats like mochi, sweet nuts and rice cakes from a Korean cultural event that I attended. I also got a pretty handcrafted paper lantern that was given as favors.
- A box of macarons from Costco.
- Even Saturday date night was sweet. We had ice cream at Fenton’s Creamery. I had a scoop of coffee cookie crunch.
- Tofu banh mi from the newly opened L&G in the TL in SF. Not the best but I like it.
- Lunch with my friend Parker at Golden Era Vegan in SF. I tried her tomato noodle soup. NOTE TO SELF: Get this next time. Delish!
- Crusty cheesy cheese bread from the Market Hall! Carbolicious!
- Alfredo Fettucine and garlic bread by Chef Msfoodlover! Success!
- Tapsilog aka beef jerky, garlic rice and fried egg. My mom and sister-in-law cooked up a feast after church but this was all I wanted. Then my nephews, niece and I dyed Easter eggs. (This should really be under sweet stuff!)
- New Food Venues: Subrosa Coffee in Oakland and L&G banh mi in SF.
- Blessing: My car passed the smog test without any problems.
- New Recipe: Went home early on Tuesday and tried a new recipe: Chicken Fettucine Alfredo. Yum!
- Culture: A little bit of culture at a Korean event in SF.
- Family: Playing cool aunt with the little ones making Easter eggs.
I am thankful for this week that was so full of delicious blessings. However, I will always fondly remember the special moment with my little nephews and niece. Priceless.