Chef In My Kitchen: Fettucine Alfredo
I cook every night for dinner. I love to cook. It is my therapy. Going straight to the kitchen is my way of calming down after a long tiring day at work. Since I do not get home until around 7 pm on weekdays, I became the queen of 30 minute meals. (Move over, Rachel Ray! LOL!)
I often wish to also take pictures of the dishes that I cook but it is already mostly dark by then and not good for photography. I had the opportunity when I got to go home early last week and since it is already spring, there was a good amount of natural light at 5 pm. I decided to try a new recipe and take pictures. And oh, boy! What a delicious success! I found this recipe of Ree Drummond on the Food Network’s website. Fettucine alfredo is not exactly healthy diet-friendly but this recipe is surely a keeper!
What You Need:
- 1 lb fettucine noodles
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups freshly grated Parmesan
What You Need To Do:
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions.
2. In a saucepan or skillet over low heat, warm the butter and cream. Season with salt and pepper. *I added chicken breast slices which I sauteed in butter before pouring the cream.
3. Place half of the Parmesan into a large serving bowl. Pour the warm butter/cream mixture over the top.
4. Drain the pasta and immediately pour it into the bowl. Toss a couple of times, and then sprinkle in the other half of the Parmesan. Toss to combine, thinning with pasta water if necessary.
I served this with garlic bread and it was food coma for the BF and me. The portion was so huge that I took half to my team mates. It was a hit at work at well!
The 2015 Must Do List:
Learn to cook new recipes this year. (Next: Try to make paella!)
2012 Ree Drummond, All Rights Reserved