Week in Pics: February 2-8, 2015
ALL WEEK: Rainy with a chance of pizza and cinnamon bun. See below. :)
- The rain lover in me was happy because it was a cozy and rainy week.
THURSDAY: Dinner date with a very good friend
- A quick detour to Cinnaholic in Berkeley on my way to meet my friend Jax for dinner. I was delighted when I found out that Cinnaholic was just half a block away from Gather where I was having dinner with my friend. I really enjoyed The Elvis Vegan Cinnamon Bun which was (wanna guess?) peanut butter and bananas, and a chocolate and brownie bits cinnamon bun for the BF. Photo: The Elvis Cinnamon Bun
(Extra bonus: Got to fulfill one of the items on my 2015 list which is to use my expired internet deals with Cinnaholic being one of them.)
- A really enjoyable dinner with my friend Jax whom I have not seen in about a year. The dinner at Gather was really delicious, the drinks were yummy and the company was lovely. Photo: Pizza with fried egg on top
SATURDAY: Casual date night
- The BF had a cold so date night was a bowl of pho at Monster Pho in Oakland after watching “Match Point” on DVD which he found boring but I found fascinating. It was a Woody Allen movie.
SUNDAY: Church and family, of course
- After church on Sunday, my parents showed me where to get taho or bean curd with caramelized sugar. For as long as I have been living in the US, this was my first taho. And it tastes just like the taho of my childhood. Taho is a street food sold by a traveling vendor who carries two metal buckets suspended on a long plank of wood that he balances on one shoulder. Now I do not have to wait until I visit the PI to eat my favorite childhood treat. Where to get taho: Maxim at 1930 Aborn Road San Jose, CA
- Lunch was mungo (mung bean) soup, fried tilapia and fried milkfish. Another favorite childhood dish that my mom made for me!
Another week of many gifts – rain, good friend for life, delicious farm to table food, treats that touch the soul, the gift of worship, love and family. And as always, I am very grateful to God for His blessings.