Life in Pics
November 10-16, 2014
M O N D A Y
- Co-workers convinced me to try the sorbet from the ice cream social from last Friday. Yummy Mango Sorbet treat on a Monday afternoon but I would’ve rather have the Salted Caramel ice cream. (The hairy hand belongs to my co-worker who was holding “real” ice cream.)
W E D N E S D A Y
- The Wednesday Farmers Market is bursting with beautiful Fall colors in the rain
T H U R S D A Y
- Warm chocolate chip bread pudding with caramel and oreo from Schulzies Bread Pudding. Took a break from work last Thursday afternoon and went for a beautiful stroll in this quaint Hayes Street neighborhood in SF. What a comforting treat to eat while seating on a bench on the sidewalk on a chilly afternoon.
- Two croissant indulgences this week: almond croissant and ham and cheese croissant. Croissants are among my most favorite pastries!
F R I D A Y
- Super-fun yet bittersweet 70’s party on Friday for a co-worker who is moving to Africa (not where there’s ebola). Disco balls, fake mustache, funky glasses and weiners (which I found out were very 70’s grub).
S A T U R D A Y
- The BF and I were both craving Korean food and tried a restaurant in the hood that we have not been to before. It is fun to try new places during date night but Pyeong Chang Korean Restaurant in Oakland did not make it on our list of “Fave Korean restaurants.”
S U N D A Y
- Church with the family and soul-penetrating message. Another bargain hunting at Factory 2 U with mom after church. Mom, aunt and sister-in-law went on a cooking spree – made menudo, 3 kinds of fish dishes (wrapped in banana leaf, barbecued and in tamarind sauce) chicken sopas (soup), eggplant torta (omelette) and pansit. Uncle grilled some whole fish on the barbecue. And there was no special occasion!
- Of course, I was not allowed to go home without taking dishes with me. Went home with pansit and pandesal (Filipino bread).
Now I know where the 3 pounds came from! The rice and delish Filipino food that my family has been feeding me every Sunday! Church also feeds people snacks after the worship service. Despite the extra pounds, I am grateful to be loved and be well-cared for by my family. Ever so thankful for the little treats that make each day sweeter and another week of blessings.