Life in Pics: September 29 – October 5, 2014
It had been a very freakish hot week in the Bay Area. The temperature climbed all the way up to the 90s starting on Wednesday. Aside from the BART ride that felt like a sauna, the weather has been gorgeous in San Francisco. But really, I am ready for pumpkin and sweater weather! I am so done with summer!
- Returned from Las Vegas yesterday. Took an extra day off to catch up on house chores and shopping at Costco.
- Back to work! BF’s car battery went dead as I was leaving for work. Since I have AAA membership, it was a nice excuse for me to go to work a little late to enjoy my coffee and pumpkin iced cookies at home while waiting for roadside assistance.
- I discovered a new place to get a banh mi. Turtle Tower is famous for chicken pho but I found out that I could get a banh mi here for $4.75 (with tea!) that I could customize. I chose a yummy combination of pate, ham and chicken.
- A spam musubi from Manna Food Truck that my co-worker gave me. Yum! 🙂
- Just like yesterday, work was so busy! I barely got out of the building but managed to do a quick walk to the farmers market. Got a basket of heirloom tomatoes because the colors were so pretty. But I wished I could have enjoyed the weather more.
- Umm, I went back for another banh mi at Turtle Tower. 🙂
- The temperature climbed up to the 80s. BART was like a sauna on my evening commute. It was pure torture!
- Another fun Friday morning work party! Could not resist a slice of red velvet cake and a cup of Starbucks at our work party. Gosh, it felt so good to bite into something I was craving for at the moment – like a piece of delish cake!
- It was so hot that we decided to just have an antipasti for Friday night dinner: cured meats, cheese and wine.
- No date night! It was a super- hot day! We were too drained to go out. We just ordered pizza, napped and watched our favorite TV shows. (Then I found out that most of my friends had the same idea to just stay home because of the heat.)
- Drove early to San Jose and went to church with my parents and nephew. It was 95 degrees in San Jose! I was dying!
- My mom cooked nilaga or boiled beef soup (special request by me), fried fish and garlic rice for lunch! Nothing beats mom’s cooking! YUM!
- Watched a little football (Go, Niners!) then went shopping with my parents at Costco and Filipino store. It was cute to watch my dad and my 11 yo nephew make a meal out of the Costco samples. A fun afternoon with my mom, dad and nephew.
Still waiting for pumpkin spice latte weather!