Today is the last day of summer. Tomorrow is the start of fall. As much as I am in love with fall, I am sad to see summer go. However, as my BFF Heather puts it, it is still summer in San Francisco – even when it is already fall.
I guess we are lucky to be blessed with beautiful, mild weather in the Bay Area.
Since my summer this year was focused on the family, I missed out on some yearly summer traditions. I made a Summer 2014 list but I just have to table them for next year, God-willing. I was able to check some off my list. However, I guess I can try to do the rest before the summer is “really over”:
- Hiking at Lands End with a view of the ocean and Golden Gate Bridge. CHECK
- Visit the Tulip Garden at Golden Gate Park. CHECK
- Walk at Ocean Beach. CHECK
- Visit and take pictures of the Painted Ladies. CHECK
- Wine tasting in Napa Valley with my girls. CHECK
- Enjoy the last of the summer fruits— peaches and nectarines. CHECK
- Summer picnic with the girls. CHECK
- Go to the drive-in movie.
- Barbecue at home.
- Have lunch outdoors while the weather is nice.
- Eat ice cream at Fenton’s with the BF.
- Make pesto using fresh basil.
Thanks, summer, for the sweet peaches and nectarines, fragrant basil and heirloom tomatoes; for the gorgeous sunny days but not too many hot days and for happy warm summer memories with my parents, friends and family. Until next year…..