100 Happy Moments
17. End of Summer Simple Joys
This year feels like a hazy and blurry series of events to me. It felt like watching myself on a movie filmstrip that is fast-paced yet unfocused. September came too soon but I am actually glad for its arrival. Spring and Autumn are two of my most favorite seasons. The former marks a fresh start while the latter means slowing down and taking stock. And this September I am going to catch up on what I felt like I missed.
These are what I am looking forward to in September:
- The first day of Autumn is September 23 but I will enjoy and appreciate the rest of the Summer. I barely felt Summer this year because of the anticipation and planning for my parents’ visit.
- I will plan date nights better. I feel like because the focus is on our families, quality time is put on the back burner. Instead of last minute and unplanned date nights, I will find more fun things to do – just like before! I am a great date night planner!
- I still feel like I do not spend enough time with my parents. I will spend every Sunday with them.
- I will enjoy more outdoor stuff while the weather is nice. Spending indoors curled up with a book is for the colder Fall and Winter weather, not for summer! I will enjoy at least a couple of lunches at a cafe on a warm sunny day in San Francisco.
- I am so looking forward to our yearly trip to Napa Valley with my girls! Yay! I miss them as well and I am so happy that we can go on this trip before the summer ends.
- I will enjoy the last of the summer fruits– peaches and nectarines. Since kale is supposed to be sweeter in the fall and winter, I will get my fill of this super-veggie!
- A cup of Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte as soon as Autumn starts. (Well, the weather has to cooperate – only if the wind gets nippy and the weather starts to get chilly!) Otherwise, I will wait until October.
- Fall decor! Start putting pumpkins and cinnamon-scented candles all over the house.
I know that September will come and go, and October will be here before we know it. I will keep this list short for now because I will have a really long one for October – when it is really sweater and pumpkin spice weather!
Happy end of Summer and Welcome Fall!
Photo: Apple trees in my brother and sister-in-law’s backyard