Saturdays are for hanging out with my guy all day followed by date night. It is fun and I want our Saturdays to be spent like this even if we live to be a hundred. Having a Saturday all to myself to do as I please is such a rare treat. Yesterday was that rare Saturday while my guy is out camping with the boys. It was laid back, full of relaxing activities and just so nice.
- HOME: I spent the day at home until 3 pm without any plans. Honestly, I do not remember how I spent the day. It was just so nice to do whatever I wanted without rushing or being on schedule.
- TEA TIME: At 3 pm I drove to Clement in the City and had Duck Banh Mi and Tea at Cafe Bunn Mi.
- TREATS: Picked up some dim sum at Wing Lee during my brief stroll on Clement.
- CRUISING: I drove to Lands End National Park to spend some time by the ocean. Passing by the Richmond neighborhood brought back many memories when I was younger and used to hangout there. There were many places that already closed and new ones, particularly, housings are being built up.
- NATURE THERAPY: Parked at Lands End and took in the breathtaking view at the lookout. I took my new DSLR for the first time out of the house to take some pictures but found out I left the memory card at home. 😦
- HIKING: I decided to go hiking instead and took pictures with my Samsung S4 which turned out nice, I think. The 1.5 mile hike was so invigorating!
- BLESSING IN DISGUISE (See below): It was still bright at almost 7 pm. I left to go to Costco to go grocery shopping but it was closed when I got there at 7 pm. Another 😦
- RETAIL THERAPY: I decided to go to TJ Maxx instead. I ended up buying a pair of cute sandals, pillows for my couch and picture frames without really spending much. I really enjoyed shopping!
- MOM AND DAD: Talked to my parents on the phone for over an hour and wished my dad “Happy Father’s Day.”
- MOVIE AT HOME: I settled down at around 11 pm and to watch an 80s movie “Some Kind of Wonderful” while cuddling with my cat. Gotta love the 80s!
- MIDNIGHT SNACKS: Ate the dim sum I bought earlier.
- SWEET DREAMS: Past 1 am.
I am grateful for this simple yet memorable weekend.