Friday Night Snapshot #1:
It’s been that kind of a day …No, it has been that kind of week.
I am not saying that I do not enjoy spending time with my guy. I do. I really do. In fact, I already miss him while he is away camping with the boys for the weekend.
But I am also enjoying this very rare opportunity to be by myself. Moments like this do not come often when you are in a relationship. And it is so easy to lose yourself when you are in one, and forget what you used to enjoy as your own person, and not half of a whole. And this is how this Friday night is going to go down:
- Shopping at Nordstrom Rack before I went home. I took my time trying on clothes and shoes but settled on buying a red polka dot scarf, instead.
- Jazz. Lots of intoxicating/soul-penetrating jazz on Pandora.
- Red wine.
- A nice hot shower and pjs.
- A pot of faux cioppino that it stewing on the stove with chockful of shrimp, mussels and scallops.
- Hot crusty bread.
- Green Tea Mochi Ice Cream
- 80s movie, Sex and The City reruns, French and Spanish DVDs waiting to be watched.
- A cozy mystery waiting to be devoured.
- A fat kitty cat who wants to be hugged.
- Comfy bed with quilt and lots of pillows.
- Either a late night-er or an early one of sound sleep with plenty of sweet dreams.
Have a restful (or crazy) Friday evening – however you choose to spend yours but make sure to have fun!