No wonder I felt extra tired this week. No, not just tired but exhausted. Finally, I knew why – I was coming down with something. Thankfully, it was not so bad. I will just blame it on the schizophrenic Bay Area weather. It was so hot last week but now it’s “Yay-I-can-wear-my-boots-again” weather. Beautiful hot days are nice but I love cozy cool weather more.
Here are the highlights of my week:
- FIRST TIMES: 01. I ate packaged Top Ramen with fishcakes, kale and mushroom that I made at home. Last time I have had Top Ramen was during college days which were eons of years ago. It was a nice treat when I stayed home sick. 02. I finally got to try the “Thai Boat Noodles” which is a traditional street food in Thailand. Boat Noodles dish is yummy three-bite bowl of noodle soup. 03. Warm Rum Raisin Bread Pudding with Caramel Whiskey Sauce and Coconut.
- SWEET CRAVINGS: Warm Rum Raisin Bread Pudding with Caramel Whiskey Sauce and Coconut from Shulzies. YUM!
- ME TIME: Eating the Warm Rum Raisin Bread Pudding with Caramel Whiskey Sauce and Coconut (Yup! I said it again!) while sitting on a sidewalk bench at the quaint Hayes Valley neighborhood on Monday afternoon.
- LUNCH TREATS: Discovered a delicious lunch spot in the TL – Zen Yai Thai. I had delicious calamari, boat noodles and 3 cups of tea on Wednesday at 4 pm. (Late lunch, I know.)
- TEA: I just have to mention the tea at Zen Yai Thai. I just love a well-made and properly hot tea. And the Thai tea at Zen Yai was so good!
- FLOWERS: 01. I started parking my car away from BART and instead of paying $5 on parking, I walk to the station. Not only do I save money, get my exercise but I truly enjoy looking at the beautiful gardens full of lovely sweet-smelling flowers along the way. I really enjoy this part of my morning. 02. I bought sunflowers from a homeless man on Wednesday for a $1. They were droopy and remain droopy but sunflowers are beautiful anyway, regardless!
- GIRLS TIME: Celebrated Heather’s Birthday at the fabulous Dirty Habit at Hotel Palomar (SF) on Friday with my girls. What a fun night imbibing, eating small appetizers and taking goofy pics. Love my BFFs!
HAVE A FUN AND SAFE MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!