Random Day Post: ENJOYING A SICKIE DAY AT HOME
The fact that I have almost 3 months worth of vacation and sick time just shows that I really enjoy going to work everyday. I actually hate calling in sick if I am not really sick. However, I am really sickie and had to stay home. Honestly, despite the sore throat and slight fever, I enjoyed staying home today.
My day went like this:
- Enjoyed a hot cup of coffee first thing in the morning, of course.
- Finished watching the British YA movie “Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging.” I just love “kids’ movies.” They are among my guilty pleasures. (The movie was cute and I actually read the book many years ago.)
- Indulged in another one of my guilty pleasures – cozy mysteries. Shhh!
- Went to Korean Market to buy fishcakes, a new soup bowl and toppings for my ramen.
- Cooked and ate a bowl of top ramen for the first time since college days which was ten million years ago.
- Satisfied my sweet tooth: ate the last of my Easter chocolates that my guy gave me and my favorite alfajores cookies that I picked up from our neighborhood bakeshop after work.
- Blogging, of course, while in my robe and pjs, and cuddling with my cat.
- My guy came home and brought me some yummy treats including cheeses, crackers, muffins, artichoke balls, etc.
Besides feeling yucky, it was a restful day. I should be calling in sick more often! 😉