May 17, 2014, Saturday
HIGHLIGHTS: It’s been HOT! HOT! HOT!
It has been unusually excruciatingly hot in the Bay Area this week. By hot, I mean 90 degree weather. That is pretty hot for us who live/work in San Francisco where the weather is always cool and mild.
For someone who was born and raised in the Philippines (even though it has been over two decades since I lived there), this hot weather was torturous. It really disrupted my life – I could not sleep, did not go on my weekday walks, just made sandwich and salad for dinner, and even stopped leaving my office altogether!
And I also realized that I am lacking in the hot weather clothing department. I was scrambling for summer clothes and shoes, or at least do not know where to find them in my closet amidst my sweaters, tights and boots.
*Note to Self: Buy more summer clothes and sandals and be ready for the next heat wave!
Thanks for letting me vent about the weather. Now that I got that out of my system, here is how my week looked like:
- SWEET TREATS: Got an Almond Chocolate Croissant on Thursday from Rockridge Market Hall which is my neighborhood bakeshop. Wow! This croissant was one of the best I have ever had! And I have eaten quite a bit of almond croissants since they are my ultimate favorite pastries. It was super-flaky and buttery just like how a decadent croissant should be. And of course, it also means that tons of butter were used. Oh, well. It was worth it.
- IMBIBE: It was really just a Grande Skinny Vanilla Latte from Starbucks which was perfect for washing down the yummy croissant.
- LUNCH TREAT: A work lunch with a co-worker at Burmese Kitchen (SF) started off the week on Monday. (It was not super-hot yet.) Then I went back for a serene solo lunch at 3 pm on Thursday where it was still hot but starting to cool down. I had simple yet delicious Burmese food – pumpkin curry, potato curry, curried chickpeas and coconut rice.
- AFTERNOON TEA: Drank tons of hot Burmese tea at Burmese Kitchen during lunch. This is worth mentioning because their tea is just so soothing not just for the body but for the soul.
- TAKEOUT FRIDAY: We were pretty pooped by Friday that we just had Indian food delivered to our house after work, and we just watched brainless shows while eating dinner. (My guy recently discovered the game show “1 vs 100.”) I stuffed my face with veggie korma, tandoori chicken, onion naan, paratha and basmati rice. As if those were not enough, I baked cookies after dinner to satisfy his sweet tooth.
This has been my week in a nutshell. Nothing much happened. Just tiring and busy. I am blaming the lack of weekday activities on the weird hot weather. Hopefully, next week is more exciting but it has been a good week, nonetheless. By the way, on Friday, us Bay Area folks are happy to get our cool weather back!
Have a great weekend!