Date Night: 11.09.13 @ 5 pm
Tired of “same-old-same-old-dinner-movie date night”? Want a fun, new and different date night activity?
Then check out SOMA StrEAT Food Park in which different food trucks rotate on a daily basis. My guy and I had fun eating “tapas-style” by ordering something from almost every food truck. And we like everthing we tried:
- La Falafel $5: We started off with the yummy and crunchy falafel balls as appetizer.
- Smokin Warehouse BBQ $8: I did not want to eat pulled pork but my guy ordered 2 pulled pork sliders $8 for us. Turned out to be packed with moist and yummy meat.
- BOBCHA $4: I tried the Korean dumplings from this Korean truck. They were like flat rectangular pancakes with spicy red pepper sauce that tasted too sweet. It was okay. Except for the fries, I was done eating at this point.
- Me So Hungry: My guy came back with 3 sliders (Hawaiian Chicken, Cali Beef and KTM short ribs) and super-garlicky fries enough to feed 3 people.
- Golden Waffle Truck $5.5: My guy would not surrender and managed to get a Banana Waffle to go. I had a bite an hour later and it was still crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. Yummy!
Total: ~$45 including soda, water and 2 bottles of ginger ale to go.
Good to Know:
- Clean bathooms that are not porta-potties.
- Beer garden that also serves wine, sangria, etc
- Coffee shack.
- Free entertainment on sched such as trivia night, college football on widescreen, live music, arcade
- ATM machine on site.
- Easy parking or park at Costco
- Plenty of tables for outdoor dining or heated barn for indoor.
- Reservations are accepted.
- Open 11am until 9 om on weekdays and until 10 pm on Saturdays.
Super-fun date night!
Love! ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
Neighborhood: South of Market