Heather’s Birthday Lunch: 05.17.13 @ 12:30 PM
A delicious tapas lunch with yummy cocktails and refreshing champagne.
I M B I B E
- TARIFF: My drink was made with jamon iberico infused gin was unique. The hint of ham was barely noticeable.
- CAVA: Refreshing Spanish bubbly
E A T S
- GRILLED OCTOPUS: These whole octopus brought me back memories of al fresco dining in Spain while drinking cava or Sangria. Tasted of the sea and sunny afternoon in Madrid.
- VINEYARD GREENS were very nice and sweetened with currants and almonds.
- ALMOND GAZPACHO: This soup looked like something you can drink. It was very smooth and asted of savory almond milk topped with pretty flower petals.
Everything was very good! We had croquettes, field greens, grilled octopus, patatas bravas, duck and pork meatballs and almond gazpacho topped with flowers.
S W E E T S
We ended the sweet afternoon on a sweet note of HOT CHURROS WITH DIPPING CHOCOLATE AND PINK POP ROCKS!
Two rounds of drinks (including a bubbly cava) for me, we were full, very satisfied and happy with our meal.
D E C O R / A M B I A N C E
Coqueta’s breathtaking location on the Embarcadero matched the lovely and impressive service that we received. The space was contemporary, loft-style with high ceiling. Ambiance was casual yet classy.
Chef Michael Chiarello did not let us down again, just like he never lets us down whenever we dine at Bottega in Napa.
A foodie BFF is a rare find, am one lucky girl to have one and much more… Happy hour, kindle books, libations BFF! Cheers!#grateful!
AFFOGATO @ Blue Bottle Coffee (Ferry Building)
Insanely delicious melting ice cream in hot and strong Blue Bottle coffee!
(Heather and I ate this after our lunch at Coqueta and while walking to TCHO.)